Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Mother's Beauty Secrets

My Mother turned 70 yesterday, but seriously she does not look much older than 50 years of age! She has had eight children, and some of these kiddos did their best to age her with all their crazy running wild antics! I won't say who out of the eight these happen to be. :)

She did not age on the outside, although on the inside I am sure she was beside herself most of the time with worry and grief! But enough of that. Lets talk about her beauty secrets. Ever since I can remember people have commented on how nice and un-wrinkled her skin is. Even now at seventy she may have some small wrinkles, but really hardly any!

Every morning and again at night before bedtime she would apply to her face Oil of Olay. I don't think she ever skipped a day. As I got older I asked her several times why she didn't switch to a more expensive "better" skin care product, but I always got the same answer. That answer was that Oil of Olay was just fine with her. No other explanation needed! She also stayed out of the sun pretty much her whole life, meaning she was not one to sunbathe or sit in the sun unless necessary for some task. When she worked outside doing yard work she wore a brimmed hat and long sleeves. If you asked her how she has maintained her smooth complexion she will tell you these two things. Oil of Olay and stay out of the sun. I have heard her say this many times over the years.

Pretty simple, huh? From looking at her you would think she has used all kinds of numerous beauty products!

One more thing I have to tell. There have been several times my parents have been out together when someone such as a waitress has thought Mom was my Dads daughter! My Mother gets a kick out of that!

  

3 comments:

  1. I hope that at age 50 my skin looks half as good as hers does at age 70

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was seriously just moisturizing and thinking about how I needed to buy some better moisturizer. Maybe I should try oil of olay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you should Rita!

    ReplyDelete