Monday, June 3, 2013

I always loved the fact that mom (and dad) were cooler than most of my friends parents.  Like, for example, most parents would not let their kids go rolling houses let alone take them to do it.  When I was 12 and in the beehive group at church mom let me have a sleepover and invite all the other girls from the group. It just so happened that all the older girls were having a sleep over at the young womens presidents house.  So, mom and dad thought it would be fun to take us to roll the house of the other slumber party.  They loaded me, katherine, rita and my friends ( probably about 5 or 6 ) up in the van, that was before every passenger was required to wear seatbelts, and took us rolling....of course we got caught by the older girls before we were finished...dad tried to make a quit getaway but was unsuccessful because the van took that very inopportune moment to decide and break down.  They had to call the bishop and he came over in his pickup and hauled us all back to the house.  It was awesome.

Another example of moms coolness is when I was in the 8th grade new years eve was on a sunday, so of course luanne and I and our friends were not going to be able to go out anywhere, so mom let us have a party at the house.... all of our friends came over and spent the night, mom and dad went and got a bunch of food and then pretty much disappeared for the rest of the night.  Most parents would not have let 25 teenagers, boys & girls, take over their house and spend the night.

One more example is when I was a senior in high school there was a party that I and one of my friends wanted to go to....it was starting kind of late however and my curfew was midnight.  So, I asked mom if we could stay out a little later ( my friend was spending the night ) in the hopes that she would let us stay us stay out till maybe 12:30....she just looked at us for a couple of seconds and then said ok just be home by 3:00....we were astonished....I definately had the coolest mom ever!!!!

4 comments:

  1. How funny that the van would break down during the getaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yeah it was pretty hilarious... I wonder what the bishop thought....

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember correctly, he did jokingly scold us a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie I remember that. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete