Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Dad
 
I've been thinking about my dad today on this fathers day. In my teen years we did not always get along and there were times that I thought I didn't like him. This was mostly during my dating years when Jerry and I were dating. He didn't approve of Jerry and I was forbidden for a long time to see him. When I turned 18, I told Daddy that I was going to date Jerry and I would rather he knew about it than for us to have to slip around to see each other. I was head over heels in love by then and no way was I going to not see him. I think things got better between us after that. When I had kids of my own, I finally fully understood where my Dad was coming from as some of you probably understand now where I was coming from when ya'll were teenagers.  He was only concerned for my safety and welfare. He taught us to work hard and to have high standards and morals. He always worked long and hard to provide for us. He was a great example of a father and man who loved God and Jesus and always honored his Priesthood. He spent many hours working for God as well as for us. I love him for who he was and is and am looking forward to seeing him again in a few years.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom I don't think you are going to see him for 20 or 30 more years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah mom...what's up with the few years comment!?

    ReplyDelete